Learn the simplest and most efficient system for organizing your digital photos!
YOURS FREE: A cheat sheet for 10 crucial steps people miss when organizing digital photos + free videos & books
Most people want to just shoot pictures and ignore these crucial steps for organizing their collection of digital photos on their computers. Then they wonder why they are frustrated when looking for photos and trying to do fun projects with them!
Get 10 Crucial steps NOT to miss, along with videos and media organization tips & tricks delivered directly to your inbox. Just enter your name and email below. It’s all free!
“Your simple, personalized approach is ideal not only for the beginner, but also for advanced amateurs. Top notch!” – Barrie.
I was buried under an avalanche of pictures and it was disheartening b/c I felt lost as to HOW to organize them. THEN, OrganizePictures.com came to the rescue! You explain everything from the ground up. HOW to create an efficient workflow, HOW to create a strong folder system, HOW to create folders (really!) and HOW and WHY keywords and tags are essential. I also think you should be on Oprah! Really!” – Rhonda . More info…
“Probably would not have persevered with Picasa without having bought your book…it’s very clear and helpful. Thanks!” – Sue.
“I recently purchased the book “Organize and manage your digital pictures with Picasa” and I think it’s wonderful.” – Debbie
The STORE system for organizing digital pictures.
Here’s my story…the short version
I’m a dad and soon after my first child was born I became completely overwhelmed by how many digital photos I was taking. I couldn’t find any of the photos, and every day when I would transfer more photos to my computer…well I just piled them somewhere without any sort of organization. I was lost!
Over the years, after reading and trying everything, I have developed the simplest and most efficient system for organizing my digital photos. I call my system STORE. system because it covers everything about digital photos and videos: Shoot, Transfer, Organize, Retrieve and Export.
Today my wife and I have thousands of pictures…actually more than 100,000 pictures and videos. Yep, that’s right, one hundred thousand pictures and videos! (See the latest count here)
The cool thing is that today we know where everything is and when I transfer new pictures…well, they go where they are supposed to go and we can easily find any photo we’re looking for. It all makes sense and works! (Read the long version of my story here)
Jump right in with these popular articles
- Tags vs. Folders – the great debate. A comparison of the two available methods for organizing your pictures.
- Organize your pictures in 5 easy steps…no kidding. Step by step instructions on organizing your pictures with folders.
- The road frequently traveled by image metadata. A clear explanation of how image metadata is created and how it travels from camera to your computer and out wherever you share your pictures.
- What is the future of image metadata?. A captivating interview with Hans Fremuth from Metability Software about the future of image metadata.
- How to select your best pictures with Picasa. Learn how to use Picasa to select your best pictures in two steps.