Terry Quelch October 26, 2014 at 3:30 am

Tx for this. I have a category folder in Events in imovie 09 it says “iphoto. Imovies”. How do I delete the clips within iphoto folder in events? I have tried everything. Is synching them to delete them out of events the correct way?

Vlad October 26, 2014 at 5:21 am

Terry… Does hitting Command + Delete only removes the folder from iPhoto but not from the disk? There is a menu option that says something like: “show in finder”. Depending on your iPhoto setup you may be able to delete the folder in Finder.

me January 11, 2015 at 3:36 am

Your instructions in Step 1: Make iPhoto play nice with your photos were adequate to fulfill the requirements. However I couldn’t go any further than Step 2 because it’s instructions gave no details. Create a tag in iPhoto. You didn’t explain how to do this at all like you did in the previous step. Please tell me how to actually do Step 2…and all the other steps too in case any of them might be the same way. Thanks

Vlad January 12, 2015 at 9:22 pm

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish but I have added instructions for adding keywords in iPhoto in step 2. Please note that my articles are usually short and they do not provide detailed click-by-click instructions for every software program. Rather, I am trying to provide a direction and a system for accomplishing certain goals.

MA Ma December 12, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Bless you!!! I’ve been ripping my face off trying to migrate my pics to Drive. If I weren’t afraid of Android-type things, I’d get rid of all my iStuff. So sick of Apple making life so hard.

Vlad December 12, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Apple is convinced they are making things easy unfortunately. This is why when they have redone iPhoto and called it Photos they didn’t change anything fundamental way the program is working…they just focused on better integration with the iPhone.

Sheri January 8, 2016 at 11:00 pm

My issue has been that I lose the original dates associated with the pictures when I export from iPhoto. Will exporting by ‘event’ fix that? Or is it just a setting I’ve missed?
Thanks!!

Vlad January 8, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Sheri…in my experience using the Event Name in the subfolder format field will create a folder with that event name in your export folder. So if you put the date in the event name as I have in my article, your exported folder name will have it as well. The date is not added automatically…you have to add it manually to the event name. See my article called:l 5 steps for using iPhoto somewhat efficiently.